Shaeeza Haniff's Reviews > Crossroads

Crossroads by Mary Ting

May 30, 11

Read in May, 2011

Crossroads is a book that I think is the ultimate Young Adult book. It is a book I would have my own 16 year old read. It offers great romance and faith based living. It follows a young girl raised by a single mom and a caring Gamma(a name my kids also used)who comes of age in the most remarkable way.

Filled with star crossed lovers, fantastical creatures, good friends, beautiful places and evil, this book is an easy read. This easy to follow plot is full of twists, turns, surprises and battles which in this reviewer's opinion is extremely important (since I usually find battles hard to follow in a book and would skip them.) The author told us the story without extreme attention to the surroundings (too often I encounter books which have pages dedicated to the description of the surroundings - which I usually skip also). Her descriptions of the settings in the book were enough to teleport us there to continue the enjoyment of the story.

The characters are likable and well developed. Mary ting's explanation of the half breeds sounds plausible and real. Their hierarchy very real and keeping with the Christian faith.

Crossroads is one of the few books I have read that I couldn't wait until I got to the end. I had to see what would happen and now I can't wait for the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossroads.