Lolly's Library's Reviews > The Other Boleyn Girl

May 22, 11

bookshelves: horrible
Read from May 20 to 22, 2011

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Boleyn Girl.

05/20/2011 page 12
2.0% "Right out of the gate, we already have an issue. Philippa, stating through Mary Boleyn: "I am the youngest Boleyn girl." Um, no. Mary's the eldest; her grandson, Lord Hunsdon, referred to her in a letter dated 1597 as 'the eldest daughter' of Thomas Boleyn. Not to mention the Letters Patent creating Anne Boleyn Marquess of Pembroke--if she'd been the elder, the Patent would've said so, but it didn't. Yikes."
05/20/2011 page 19
3.0% "And another error in the same vein as the previous: "I was the baby at fourteen to Anne's fifteen and George's nineteen years." Again, no. George was the youngest surviving child of the Boleyn's, born c. 1504. Anne was born c. 1501; to say otherwise, that she was born in 1507, would've made her six years old when she entered Margaret of Austria's service in 1513, way too young." 2 comments
05/21/2011 page 72
11.0% "Mary Boleyn: "I could be happy as a farmer..." Bwaaahahahaaaahahaahaaaaahah- *snorkee, snigger* Mmmmaahahaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaa!" 1 comment

Lolly's Library Okay people, I'm finally going to give this book a try. If you hear phantom mirth coming from the corners of your room, you don't have a ghost--that's just me, laughing like hell over the story.

message 2: by Iset (new) - rated it 1 star

Iset Bailed? I don't blame you!