Becca's Reviews > Playing Dirty

Playing Dirty by Susan Andersen

May 20, 11

liked it
bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, contemporary-romance, romance, netgalley, arc-s
Read in May, 2011

Ava was the "fat girl" in high school. She had her two best friends and she really didn't need anyone else. But when her long time nemesis Cade and she are partnered for a project sparks begin to fly between the two. Ava falls for him but he ultimately betrays her and humiliates her basically in front of the entire school. Fast forward thirteen years and Ava is now a gorgeous successful women who had inherited an old mansion with her two best friend from Miss Agnes. Cade is also a success in his documentary type films and he wants to do a piece on Miss Agnes and the mystery surrounding her lost diamonds. But he needs Ava to agree to let him shoot in her house. Ava reluctantly agrees but she doesn't know how she is going to face Cade everyday because her heart still speeds up when she sees and hears him.

Cade has long since changed from high school, and he has tried many times to apologize and explain to Ava what happened in high school. But she has never allowed it and see's now, with them working closely together, as the perfect time to settle things between them. He always thought she was beautiful and truly did care about her and that hasn't changed. But he comes to find he doesn't just want her forgiveness, he wants all of her.

I liked this story and it was the last book in a series about the three best friends. I had read the previous book and in that book you get the first look at Cade and Ava. I was interested to see what would ultimately happen between the two. I liked there story but I didn't really feel the relationship grow. What was the great appeal between the two other than sexual attraction. I wanted to know what other things they liked about each other how they really fell in love. Because half the book was Ava being politely cool to Cade and then the next they were sleeping together. I didn't really feel a transition between the two sides as much as I would have liked. It was a cute story and a fast read. There were some definite typos which distract me but other than that it was a nice story.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Dirty.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Sobia I completely agree! one of my biggest issues with the book was the lack of development in the H&h 's relationship! It seemed too quick, and they never really seemed to talk, unless it was work related.
Anyway, thanks for your review!