Cheryl's Reviews > Boom! Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the '60s and Today

Boom! Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the '60s ... by Tom Brokaw

F_50x66
Jun 14, 08

Recommended for: Everyone

Excellent book! If you're a Baby Boomer it will sound like your life. Mr. Brokaw has it all. Civil Rights, Vietnam, Women's Rights, the music and the sounds of the 60's and the 70's.
If you are a child of a Boomer, read it to understand your parents!
Like his book "The Greatest Generation", Mr. Brokaw has interviewed those who were at the forefront of the many movements of the 60's. He also offers his view of this generation. He was a young newsman during the time and just starting his career. He was in the enviable position of being both a part of and an observer of the events than really did change America.
Anyone who lived in the 50's and early 60's (and their parents) can tell you how much America has changed in the last 40 or so years. Almost all of those changes began in the 60's.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boom! Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the '60s and Today.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Duncan I already understand more of you then is probably healthy, Mom!

message 2: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl I tend to agree. I was never really all that good at dissembling to my children.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"read it to understand your parents" just moved this book to the nightstand ie,must read.

message 4: by Ken (new) - added it

Ken I picked the book up on a discount rack last night. Im on the tail end of the boomers, and so, while I was there for many of the events and cultural shifts, I was really too young for much comprehension or insight at the time. A book like this should provide a good overview, pull it all together into a comprehensive view.

message 5: by Ken (new) - added it