Laura Graves's Reviews > Darwin's Children

Darwin's Children by Natasha Larry

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011, young-adult
Read from June 05 to 08, 2011

Very nicely done. I have to admit, at first I had my doubts. I had a difficult time getting into the story at the beginning. Since I was only one fourth of the way through, I decided to keep plugging and I'm glad I did. It turned out to be pretty entertaining.

The characters are easily likable, especially the compassionate Jaycie. The actual plot shows up somewhere between page thirty and forty. By page sixty, the story hooks the reader. It should appeal to anyone. There's romance, family, friendship, some action, and some really cool super powers. Think X-men with evolutionary theory. Speaking of, Larry makes some nice references to philosophy, and the book really embodies those philosophies. I was particularly drawn to the relationship between Jaycie and Matt and the friendship between Jaycie and Haylee. If it sounds like it might be up your ally, than go for it. I'm recommending it.

Prude Filter: There's not much to worry about. Some violence and a few references to sex. It's totally suitable for a teen.

This book was provided by the author for review. I did not receive any payment in exchange for the review nor was I obligated to write a positive one. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darwin's Children.