Maria's Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

May 20, 11

Read in May, 2011

This book was even better than the first in the series: Blue Bloods! Melissa de la Cruz outdoes herself with fantastic characters, intense action and a page-turning storyline.

In this novel, which picks up exactly where Blue Bloods leaves off, we are introduced to more non-stop suspense and drama. Schuyler Van Alen (our main character) must do everything she can to find out what kind of monster is out there killing off other blue bloods like herself. With the help of her grandfather, we watch as almost every character becomes a suspect. Of course, there are the obvious ones, but then there are twists and turns all over the place that leads you to suspect others.

One aspect of this story that I love, which was not prominently dealt with in Blue Bloods, was watching Schuyler learn how to use all of her powers. We already know that she can see into her past lives, never die, and make humans (red bloods) do what she wants. But as Schuyler's grandfather teachers her even more about herself, we learn that Blue Bloods are way more powerful than we originally thought. It's exciting to know that Schuyler will probably have to use those powers in order to fight the Silver Bloods who are killing off vampires left and right.

The love story with Jack has intensified in Masquerade and I love it. Watching Schuyler try to decide whether she should go for the man she is inevitably drawn to, or the one who has always been there for her, makes for a great love triangle and romance story.

I can't wait to read the rest of the Blue Blood Series. Apparently there are 4 more books in the series (one that comes out in October, 2011), so I have some catching up to do! I can't wait to fill you guys in on the rest of this series.

5 out of 5 stars.

Maria - GoodChoicReading.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.