Mike's Reviews > Consent To Kill

Consent To Kill by Vince Flynn

May 19, 11

Read in May, 2011

Flynn was recommended to me by a friend and former coworker, so I thought I'd give him a try. The story seemed interesting based on the back of the box, so I picked this one first. Normally I like reading series books in order, but I just couldn't find the older ones at the used book stores around.

I liked the book. The story was engaging, even though it was slow at times. Some characters could have used a little more depth, and others needed less said about them for the reader to get the idea of what they were about. The plot is simple: revenge (both towards and from the main character). I like spy thrillers in general, so those aspects kept me hooked even through the slow parts of the book.

While much of the story was easily predictable (including the epilog), it wasn't tediously annoying like other books from other recommended authors. The characters that were noted as smart seemed to act in a way to confirm that, rather than show how dim-witted they really were. (Unlike Dan Brown's "masterpiece": Davinci Code.) ... So I appreciated that.

I didn't have high expectations from a book aimed at action, and the book delivered just that. It was an easy book to listen to and not have to think too hard. I think I'll give Mr. Flynn some more of my commuting time with another one of his books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consent To Kill.