Leah's Reviews > Notorious

Notorious by Nicola Cornick
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notorious.

07/23/2011 page 129
34.0% "I do not like Susanna at all. She's annoying the hell out of me."
07/23/2011 page 161
42.0% "I do not like any of the characters in this book. They are horrible. Especially Susanna. I want her to DIE. There would be no HEA, but I'm prefectly okay with that!"
07/23/2011 page 171
45.0% "She shivered as the memory of the past brushed her like dark wings. Loving and losing... Her family, her husband, her child... Loss was all she had ever known.

It's the "her husband" part of this quote that really gets me because, bitch YOU are the one who left HIM the very morning after you married him. So, really, how is that anyone's fault but your own?

"
07/23/2011 page 188
49.0% "I despise this book and everyone in it." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura the Highland Hussy What are you doing up? Isn't it like 5am for you?!

message 2: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah It's 4:30! And I had to post the review for this horrible book!

Laura the Highland Hussy Lol!! I'm off to look for the review :)
It's 2:30 for me and one of the kiddos needed to go potty and wanted a milk, so I'm up for a bit

message 4: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Well ok. I will take this off my TBR list!

message 5: by Juliana (new)

Juliana LMAO! Great review! I got the sense you didn't like Susanna very much ...? ;-)

message 6: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Thank you! Really, Juliana, I cannot imagine where you got that idea! Couldn't you tell I loved her? ;P

message 7: by Juliana (last edited Oct 13, 2011 03:13PM) (new)

Juliana I'm sorry, I must have been distracted while I was reading your review and didn't pick up on that - now that I've reread it, I see that your love for her clearly shines through.

I hadn't noticed the shelves you put this book on - love them!!!

message 8: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah I'm so glad that you understand me now, Juliana. I was getting worried for a minute.

LOL! Thank you! I personally love the love triangles one. And the scars/tats/piercings on--I was channeling my inner Dorothy/Tin Man/Scarecrow/Cowardly Lion.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I like reason #7 best of all those. >:)

But yeah, I can't stand heroines that whine about their love life after leaving a good (or mostly good) relationship b/c of their own emotional baggage. Ugh. That goes for any time period.

message 10: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Thanks, I like that one, too. The ones that get me the most fired up, though, are #1 & #6.

Exactly! And, I don't remember why she left, but it was a completely shit reason, too.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Sounds like her husband hadn't learned to grovel enough the first time. How lovely. :P

message 12: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Yes, damn the man! The thing is, I probably could have liked him if it wasn't for her. She made him a dick. He acted fine when he wasn't with her, but when she was in the vacinity, the things she said or did fucked him up and made him into Devlin the Dick.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Aw, but I love the name Devlin! What a waste . We hates whingy bitchface shrews, precious! Why is it always the man that has to grovel & change? That's one reason I can't stand romantic comedy flicks, either. Ugh.

message 14: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah That we do, ma dear! Hates them with a burning passion. But, yeah, I don't know. I don't understand why it's ALWAYS the man's fault. Even if it's really the woman's. I mean, sure, I often subscribe to the I'm-always-right-and-you're-always-wrong idea, but I'm mostly joking. When I'm wrong, I apologize and make it up to the person, not the other way around.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yup. A 'real woman' knows when she's wrong & has the balls (no pun intended) to apologize. Movies like that just add to the stereotype that it's a woman's right to be a shrewfaced bitch & show no consistency because females are emotional, whereas it's the man's job to love her despite unlovable behavior...because hey, when she's happy, she gives Teh Sex0rs! WTF.

message 16: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Exactly! And, while I'm sure there are some women out in the world that are actually like that, it gives us other wonderful women a horrible rep!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Totally! Just because women are more emotional doesn't mean we can't be aware of how it's not a proper excuse for assholedom.

And for the record, I'm always up for explodey-action-horror flicks. My idea of "date movie" is the newest episode of Alien vs Predator. *snerk*

message 18: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Yes! Not all of us use our emotions to blackmail people into grovelling to us!

Oh, dude, me too. Give me an action-suspense-mystery-explosions-everywhere movie over a sob story any day.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I had a friend (a girl, yes) who continually used her bipolar mood swings to blackmail her friends. It was so fucking annoying -- annoying enough, in fact, that I severed the friendship. Now she's married to some poor suffering blighter. I wonder how miserable he is? *snerk*

Life is hard enough without adding to the realism & sob stories, right? Ugh.

message 20: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Oh dear, the poor guy. I've never been in a situation like that as I try to completely avoid women/girls like that.

Exactly. Just give me some blood and killing. I'd love that over realism and sob stories.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah For some reason I seem to attract needy friends. WTF. She wasn't the first energy vampire friend I've ever had, but she was definitely the worst. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Nothing says "I love you" like slavering aliens beating the shit out of each other. :D

message 22: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Don't you just hate that? I've only had a couple needy friends but they weren't so bad that I didn't want to be friends with them.

My sentiments exactly!

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clearly we kick ass in movie taste. Now we just need more, y'know, dates. :P

message 24: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Clearly the guys don't see how kickass and wonderful we are.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Or maybe they're scared off by our awesome escorts? ....Nah.

message 26: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah *thinks* Nah! Clearly we are too intimidating for them. Sissy men!

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah And they call us the weaker sex! Pfft. Whatever.

message 28: by Leah (new) - rated it 1 star

Leah Yes, but who calls us that? Men! They need to call us that to protect their manly manness!

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah But we're onto their tricksey, manly ways! Bwaha. Take that, dudes.