Glendalee's Reviews > A Piece of Cake

A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown

May 31, 11

Read from May 25 to 31, 2011

I read a lot of the reviews for this book and some people gave it one star because they couldn't possibly believe that all this stuff that cupcake brown writes about is actually real. I must agree with them that its hard to believe that all this horrible stuff she writes about could happen to one so young but it happens out there some people just don't see it or never experience it. I just haven't witnessed it myself but I know its out there. I gave this book three stars not because i believe this memoir is "far-fetched" but because a lot of the time she was writing about the same thing, but it was on a different day a different place and with different people. To be honest though I enjoyed reading this memoir I was happy that it was over with because it was just dragging on and on and I couldn't wait for it to be over. I liked the beginning and the end the most because in the beginning we get a background of her history and who she is and the start of her life spiraling out of control and the ending was how she picked herself back up and recovered from drug addiction and alcoholism, the middle of the book was just a pattern i came to notice that I already knew what the next chapter was going to be about. Overall i liked the book and would recommended it to anyone who likes memoirs and reading about a person overcoming there addictions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Piece of Cake.

Quotes Glendalee Liked

Cupcake Brown
“Always remember the acronym for "FEAR" can mean one of two things: Fuck Everything And Run or Face Everything And Recover.”

Cupcake Brown
“It's okay to be afraid. It's not okay to let the fear STOP you.”

Cupcake Brown
“Oh, get off the cross!” V shouted when I shared my thoughts with her on the phone. “We need the wood!”