Sarah's Reviews > Tiger's Voyage

Nov 24, 11

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own-print, for-review-read, read-in-2011, quoted
Read from November 18 to 21, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Please note that although this review won't contain spoilers for Tiger's Voyage it may give away events in the previous books so if you haven't read Tiger's Curse and Tiger's Quest yet you may want to stop reading here. This is one of my favourite YA paranormal series though so if you haven't started it yet I would highly recommend it!

I absolutely loved the first two books in this series so I can't tell you how excited I was to get my hands on this installment. I love Colleen Houck's descriptive writing style (although I have to warn you that you will end up hungry reading about all the delicious foods she mentions!) and am always sucked straight into the story as soon as I pick up one of her books. They are the kind of books that you don't want to put down despite their long length (this one is 543 pages long but that didn't stop me devouring it in a couple of days).

I've really enjoyed finding out more about Indian mythology throughout the series and I loved the Chinese feel to this installment. The journey the characters go on in search of the 5 dragons was great, the storyline is action packed and you never know quite what will happen next. Each of the dragons was very different but fascinating in their own way and I enjoyed the various tasks that Kelsey, Ren & Kishan are given along the way.

I have to admit that I'm starting to get a little fed up with the love triangle in this series now though and I have to confess that Tiger's Voyage was my least favourite book in the series. I have always been a firm team Ren member but I am getting a bit fed up with the way he keeps changing his mind. He really does mess Kelsey around in this one and although you do find out the reasoning behind his behaviour it didn't really excuse it in my eyes. I was also disappointed with Kelsey and the way she flitted back and forth between the two brothers, if Ren rejected her she runs straight to Kishan even though you can tell her heart isn't in it but then as soon as Ren shows an interest she goes running back to him. I was irritated that Kelsey couldn't just stay single for more than 5 minutes.

Kishan has actually become my favourite character but I really don't want him and Kelsey to end up together - I feel like he would be the better choice for her in a lot of ways but I don't think he deserves to be treated so badly and hope he finds someone who is going to really love him not just use him as a Ren substitute.

Although this wasn't my favourite book this is still a series that I would highly recommend. Ren and Kishan are both swoon worthy characters and I love the world that the author has created. The stories are all full of action, romance and rich mythology and I'm still desperate to get my hands on Tiger's Destiny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Voyage.

11/19/2011 page 258