David Natiuk's Reviews > Star Wars Blueprints

Star Wars Blueprints by Lucas Film Editors

May 20, 11

Read in May, 2011

The Blueprints "book" is a compilation of 15 sheets of paper you can pull out, each one containing a detailed schematic of an element in Star Wars (1977). Although it's an interesting idea, it's far too little material.

The other big flaw is that they picked an odd assortment of blueprints to include. No X-Wing? No Y-Wing? No C3PO? It's just very random, although it does include a few alternate landspeeder designs which are interesting.

In our modern age there would never have been this kind of product. All these blueprints would’ve been included on the web as promotional “teaser” material long before the film came out… or included on the DVD as extras… etc.

This didn’t wow me, and it didn’t add much to the Star Wars universe. I guess I’m not really into schematics like this, as they are too bare bones for me.

The sketchbook is much more fun for a reference book circa 1977. Had more designs, more pictures, more detail. Check it out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Wars Blueprints.