Natasha's Reviews > Make Mine a Bad Boy

Make Mine a Bad Boy by Katie Lane

Jun 23, 11

*I won this from Goodreads*
"Make Mine a Bad Boy" is the second installment in the Deep in the Heart of Texas series by Katie Lane. I was plesently surprised with this book. When I recived this novel, I thought I would have a hard time reading it all the way through..I guess I judged the book by it's cover and title. I'm now glad I didn't. This novel is full of charm and southren whit, right after I finished (only a few hours after starting it I might add) I was looking for how more novels are in the series.
Why would I be hesitant of a hot cowboy novel, you might ask? Only because I haven't really read in that genre before. Yes, I read Historical, Highlander, Paranormal, YA and Steampunk romances, but I really haven't made it towards Cowboys yet. I'm glad I did though, because it really has a new take on the romance. When I visit Texas(and I will one day.) I hope to be greeted with the famous southern hospitalily I've come to love reading about.

Anyways, on to the actual review.
Hope is the town sweetheart. Everyone loves her and everyone excepts the best of her. No, she's not the quite beauty queen you'd think, she's actually the complete oppisite. Loud mouth, take no crap from nobody, with a heart of gold is Hope and everyone loves her for it. All eyes are always on Hope. Except the man she was expected to Marry.
Hopes highschool sweetheart marry's her TWIN sister. No it doesn't have the kind of drama you'd think, with that happening, but it does make hope upset. I'm glad there wasn't too much emphsas and arguing on that, mostly because she saved all the sas and back talk for Colt.
Colt Lomax is a one of a kind. Here's the shorter decription on him when he first enters the novel:
"But although he had a body that could tempt a Bible banger on Sunday,it was his face that held Hope's attention, a face made up of tanned skin, hard angles, and a thin layer of black stubble."
How could you not be temted to read on, right?
I actually really liked Colt. Yes, he could be a jerk, but it was mostly like a young boy picking on the girl he likes at school. (Which is talked about a bunch in this novel as well. lol)

Over all, I really enjoyed this novel. The tension between Hope and Colt was refreshing. Each time you thought they would finally admit to wanting eachother, the author would throw in a twist. If biker cowboys, lustly scenes and charming southren novels are your thing, then this novel is the one for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Make Mine a Bad Boy.