Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)'s Reviews > Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

Woohoo! release day at last and I can put my review up!
Review also on: Under the Covers

We are now on the tenth Black Dagger Brotherhood book and I still love this series as much as I did when I started Dark Lover, for me this series never gets old. When I first started reading though I never though Tohrment would need a book of his own, he already had his shellan, Wellsie, but shit happens and Tohr is now drowning in his own grief, which is not only killing himself, but is preventing Wellsie and his son from going to the Fade. Which, brings us to Lassiter's mission: Get Tohr over Wellsie so she can move on to the Fade. Could No'One be the answer?

It was such a tradegy when Wellsie died, I remember reading it, dreading Tohr's reaction when he found out, then sobbing like a girl when he did. So when I received Lover Reborn through the post I was both excited to see what would happen, how Tohr and No'One would connect and also anxious I mean Tohr and Wellsie just fit so well together how could No'One possibly live up to that? After having read it, I still have mixed feelings, this romance is so different from the others, vastly more complicated, more mature and though I was very pleased in the end sometimes it was painful to read their progression. Mainly I think because I am not a huge fan of No'One she is like a vampire doormat, her placid and accepting nature annoyed the shit out of me, although I know that is she had been any more aggressive the romance wouldn't have happened in the first place. So you see; mixed feelings.

But, although the couple wasn't my favourite what I adored about this book was the Band of Bastards. Love. Them. They have their very own Brotherhood which is both darker and more violent then the original and they are definietly stepping up their game in their bid to put Xcor on the throne. The face off between B.o.B and the Brotherhood is going to be explosive and even more tense because I like characters from both sides, one of the reasons I am jonesing for the next book is so I can see more of them. Also...Love Triangle Alert involving Throe, Xcor and a certain unnamed female....

Qhuinn and Blay Update. Man people are going to be pissed at some of the developments in this book, but how the last chapter ended with those two...we need the Qhuay book. NOW.

I loved this book, the romance wasn't particularly my favourite but there are so many other things to love about it and all I can't think about right now is getting my hands on the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

03/16/2012 page 1
0.0% "Tohr....HERE I COME!!!" 15 comments
03/17/2012 page 35
9.0% ""My name's Lassiter, and I'll tell you all you need to know about me. I'm an angel first and a sinner second, and I'm not here for long. I'll never hurt you, but I'm prepared to make you pretty goddamn uncomfortable if I have to, to get my job done. I like sunsets and long walks on the beach, but my perfect female no longer exists. Oh, and my favourite hobby is annoying the shit out of people.""
03/17/2012 page 88
22.0% "...now dressed in the Captain Asshole costume- which included, for no extra charge, the cape of disgrace, the booties of shame, and the keys to the Fuck Up mobile."

message 1: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo This might need tissues with all the crying.

Nicole Me too! :)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, it shoudl come with a box of tissues!

Shera (Book Whispers) Do we know who's story it is?

Nicole Tohrment!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Yep Tohrment and No'One

Shera (Book Whispers) Oh, wow. Just got done reading Lover Enshrined where he comes back. That should really be interesting to see.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Is this a reread or the first time?

Shera (Book Whispers) First time. I've been really savoring them. ^_-

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I have trouble with savouring, if I really like something I will read it really fast, then read that authors entire back list lol!

Shera (Book Whispers) I jump around a lot. Even if I find an author who I absolutely love I end up waiting for the releases. Then I think wait for one more release, I'll want to read them back to back. Then I get back logged--and it's a whole hot mess.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) That is very patient of you Shera! How do you do that?!

Shera (Book Whispers) I don't know. It just happens. The main problem is I always end up reading debut titles instead of continuing a series.

Shera (Book Whispers) It's more like a bad habit.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, it was what came to mind when I saw this cover!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Lol, it was what came to mind when I saw this cover!"

Dare you to say that to his face!!!!

message 18: by Kim (new)

Kim Dear whoever puts men's faces on covers,

How about no faces and a nice crotch shot?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Kim-wilts-for-kilts wrote: "Dear whoever puts men's faces on covers,How about no faces and a nice crotch shot?"

A. Men!

message 20: by Wminbc (new) - added it

Wminbc LMAO...Kim...you kill me girl!!! An ab shot at least...the crotch shot may be a bit to de rigueur for the general population!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Wminbc wrote: "LMAO...Kim...you kill me girl!!! An ab shot at least...the crotch shot may be a bit to de rigueur for the general population!"

Eh, screw 'em!

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim Have you guys seen book covers with the "plunging bodices"? We should have "plunging trousers" on our men. Just sayn.

message 23: by Wminbc (new) - added it

Wminbc Kim-wilts-for-kilts wrote: "Have you guys seen book covers with the "plunging bodices"? We should have "plunging trousers" on our men. Just sayn."

LOL...too true, my friend...toooooo true!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) LMAO! I agree, but I am not sure I could read that on the bus, I don't have th courage, but I would certainly be admiring it at home lol!

Winnie Hey!!!! I prefer this cover! its cute!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I don't, I prefer the Micheal Bay stylie US cover, I just love the guys head lol!

Winnie Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "I don't, I prefer the Micheal Bay stylie US cover, I just love the guys head lol!"

LOL LOL.

message 28: by Kimberly (new) - added it

Kimberly I think J.R.'s men are just HOT!!! Where does she find these super hunk men I ask you? And Suzanne, it is a damn shame you are not getting this cover! You should get all UK women to protest that mess!! It is unfair!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Aren't they hawt she needs to tell us where she finds them so I can go live there lol It is unfair, but it is better then JMs which was just an insult to the smexy John Matthew! I am considering just waiting and ordering the good cover, but I am not that patient so I probably won't!

Brittany B. I can't be left out. I'm going to read the rest before this comes out. But Im staying angry at JR for at least another month.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) You don't have long Brit *cracks whip* get reading! LOL!

Brittany B. Book 10? I have 5 more to read??? I'll need xanax to get through this series. :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ im afraid to look at all the comments....sooo did u cry a lot??

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Brittany....idk if im a fangirl but i definitely like the series....and it comes out on the 27th.

Brittany B. Oh wow, this is a new book. I thought there was one coming out in July. So sorry Suzanne. I've been bugging you during your super fan girl time and didn't ask you how the book was. Did you get an advanced copy?
There's a threesome in this book. I knew Ward was kinky with her boys and girls. Also one in Phury's book?! Is it V and butch?

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I may hve sinffled a little bit at this Sharon lol, damn JR! She is the only author that has made me cry on a regular basis! Seriously, every fricking book it seems!

Lol, you didn't bug me :) I didn't get an advanced copy I was just really lucky that Amazon sent it to me really really really freaking early!!

There wasn't a threesome in this book, I had heard rumours of that but there wasn't! There is one in Lover Unleashed, which is the book before this one though. No others though!

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ LOL Suzanne...well darn, i was hoping for a tear jerker!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) It is a little bit of a tear jerker, but I cried more at Z's book though

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ yea his book was pretty emotional!

message 40: by Tyra (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tyra Cool you got it early! Aw do we get many Quinn and blay scenes?

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ Well, it could have gotten less. You never know before you read a book.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) There are a few scenes, mainly on Qhuinns side of things, but the storyline mainly focuses on Tohr and No'One, Xhex and John and the Bastards. I loooved the Bastards stuff it is so good.

Lol I read BDB with extreme bias, I can't seem to help it, I go into the book expecting to love it!

Winnie Suzanne the Mighty ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "There are a few scenes, mainly on Qhuinns side of things, but the storyline mainly focuses on Tohr and No'One, Xhex and John and the Bastards. I loooved the Bastards stuff it is so good.

Lol I rea..."

Man! I can't wait, but i am afraid. I don't want the Bastards to start any crap with the brothers or kill Wrath… or anything nasty. it will hurt and My nerves can't take it. AND Suz,I know will are friends and all. BUT did you have to be the first to read it?!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I feel the same, I like BOTH sides and don't want anyone to be hurt! I want them to get together and kill some lessers. It definietly makes the books more tense then usual!

LOL! I was just very lucky! I am loving Amazon UK right now :D

Winnie Suzanne the Mighty ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "I feel the same, I like BOTH sides and don't want anyone to be hurt! I want them to get together and kill some lessers. It definietly makes the books more tense then usual!

LOL! I was just very l..."

I know, I should have taking that JOB oversees, may Amazon UK would love me too. ( sighs).

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol damn right! Hey maybe Amazon US will love you to and send the QHuay book early to you, if we EVER get it lol!

Winnie Suzanne the Mighty ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Lol damn right! Hey maybe Amazon US will love you to and send the QHuay book early to you, if we EVER get it lol!"

Well, Suzy, Why don't you just Twist the knife!!!! make it Hurt! NOT likely I hope, Geez I am already jealous! what do you have that I don't!

AND for the love of the Brothers, Write the damn Review! DON'T TEASE!!!! I follow you by email! so get on with it!~

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, I think it must have been an accident sending it to me, even other peps in the UK haven't got it I am not complaining ofcourse but I have no idea!

Hahaha I have written the review, waiting till release date to post it up!

Winnie Suzanne the Mighty ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Lol, I think it must have been an accident sending it to me, even other peps in the UK haven't got it I am not complaining ofcourse but I have no idea!

Hahaha I have written the review, waiting ti..."

Thats mean! the (review thingy), but my only reprieve is that you can't talk about it until the book comes out…
Suz, had you read The big Bad wolves series? By Heather - Killough Walden? its right up your alley. You might like it.

« previous 1