Chae Ford's Reviews > Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice

Thirst No. 1 by Christopher Pike

May 19, 11

Read in May, 2011

IT TOOK ME 3 YEARS TO READ THIS.. (MAYBE 2)
*WONDERFUL BOOK BUT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER*

THIRST is about a young Vampire and her struggle to remain hidden on earth and keep things balanced while also quenching her overwhelming thirst of human blood. Sita,herself undergoes something strange, she is falling in love and the world is shifting in unimaginable ways.

Pike does a good job at suspense but he fails at minor Characters i would have loved to see more about other vampires that were on her side. almost like a flock of vampires (yes i know FLOCK is usually associated with birds)

At points the book just became immensely BORING due to EVERYTHING revolving around ALISA/SITA, ALISA/SITA i would have loved for her to not be the only vampire that was good. i would have loved for their to be at least two other characters that AT LEAST could get their own series.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD
The stories about Sita and Krishna (god) and the amazing quotes. Pike definitely holds an era for art and creative words but when it comes to characters he just falls flat. Still one of my Favorite series. even if it took me multiple years to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirst No. 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shunit wtf??? young vampire???shes fucking 5000 years old and um you kinda mention that here so...

Book_Worm99 This girl isn't young at all man. And.. DANG. Took you 3 years? I liked the characters. Sita isn't really a flat character, not if you pay attention, I mean would you like to read a series with ALL, i mean ALL the information about them in the 1st book?

message 3: by Shunit (last edited Feb 20, 2012 04:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shunit it took me 3 days and i read it in english which i learnt 3 years ago ... i am also 13