Eric's Reviews > Dude, Where's My Country?

Dude, Where's My Country? by Michael Moore

Jun 05, 07

The older I get, the more disenchanted I become with Michael Moore. I don't consider myself a conservative by any stretch of the imagination, but his kind of activism is indicative of what's wrong with a lot of liberal activism- narcissism. He's so absorbed with his own righteousness -and the fact that so many people in his audience with reinforce his righteousness with blind praise and little analysis- that the causes he supposedly stands for are beside the point. Some might say this is giving too much credit to someone who's essentially a satirist, but his audience sees himself as more than that, and he seems to as well.

At any rate, this book seemed like little more than a cash-in after the success of Stupid White Men. It has its funny moments, but again, I can't read a page of Michael Moore without its author somehow reminding me that, hey, you're reading Michael Moore!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dude, Where's My Country?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alan Tranter I see where you are coming from, Eric. I feel pretty much the same. I haven't read Michael Moore in a few years. While I understand his disenchantment, it does become a little tiresome after a while. Perhaps he seems less relevant now, now that there is no need for an anti-Bush.