Shellie (Layers of Thought)'s Reviews > Fabulous Faces: From Motivation to Transformation Through Plastic Surgery

Fabulous Faces by Peter A. Adamson

1987170
May 19, 2011

bookshelves: genre-non-fiction, blog-reviews, genre-aesthetics-beauty-spa-busines, genre-reference, read-in-2011
Recommended for: any one consider facial plastic surgery - fillers or depth resurfacing
Read in June, 2011

Original review posted at Layers of Thought.

A concise, easy to read guide for any one who is considering facial plastic surgery and procedures that go beyond a monthly facial. If you are considering it, this is a helpful place to start.

Definitely not a normal read for me in recent years – I have been mired in fiction (mostly speculative). I decided to take a look at Fabulous Faces because I am an Aesthetician (a professional skin care practitioner – facials, waxing, makeup artistry) which makes me naturally interested in medical procedures and other efforts to look one’s best.

In years past, and within my skin care practices, I would come into contact with many people who would ask me questions about advanced skin resurfacing procedures and fillers and plastic surgery. I have also had the experiences of seeing many clients through their process– getting the real life before and after both visually and verbally. Most have been extremely happy with the results of their decisions. It is an exciting and scary choice, one which most people do not take lightly, so they are often looking for further information from a trusted source. This book is an example of one such example as it is written by an M.D. who specializes in facial, head, and neck plastic surgery.

The format for this accessible book includes short easy to digest chapters. It is concise, well organized, and informative, with real life questions around the feelings of people considering or wanting facial plastic surgery, as well as personal stories from men and women during their processes. The text moves from wondering, to researching options, the inevitable emotional examination, the procedure itself and, most importantly, the results. Dr. Adamson also includes a section on advance skin procedures - like deeper peels using lasers, CO2, and medical grade acids; as well as fillers and Botox.

I recommend it to anyone who is considering facial plastic surgery as a place to begin. It will help one to feel informed when speaking to a surgeon about the available options that he/she may be discussing with you. Most importantly, you’ll know more about what you can expect throughout the process, and then of course the possible results. 4 stars for this great little book written for the layman wanting to know more about facial plastic surgery and related procedures.

Peter A. Adamson M.D. is a plastic surgeon and Otolaryngologist (face, head, and neck specialist).

I have received this book via the publicist in exchange for my honest opinion, which is offered here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fabulous Faces.