Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > Someone Else's Life

Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale

I received this from the publisher via Netgalley.

This is a condensed version of my review, to see the extended version, please visit this link .

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I was thoroughly intrigued with this novel from the moment I looked at the cover and read the synopsis. Once again I went in with high expectations, which is always dangerous. However, once again this book lived up to my expectations.

I was hooked from the moment I started reading this novel. There was just so much going on and every time I thought I figured out the plot there was a twist. That right there made this book good--any book that can keep me guessing is one I'll like.

I wouldn't say that I really liked any of the characters all that much except for Rosie. They all were slightly infuriating, but I think that was the point of the book.

This book was very powerfully written and I loved the parallel narratives of Rosie and Holly. Both of their stories intrigued me and left me wanting to read more.

This was a book that once I started reading, it stayed on my mind. I read this in one sitting and it's quite large...so that's saying something.

Basically, I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was incredibly well-written, very moving, and had a great plot line. In other words, I loved reading it.

Warnings/Sidenotes: References to abortion that are pretty mild, but go into minimal detail, a scene where a character harms herself on purpose, minor language, and minor references to sex.

However, this list is making this novel sound much worse than it is. Overall, it's a really good book. I wouldn't recommend this novel to those who are sensitive toward these types of issues; however, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to most people I know.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone Else's Life.

02/28/2012 page 172
36.0% "I'm really liking this so far."