Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ 's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

Sep 26, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from February 21 to 24, 2012

**4.5 stars**

Rachel's finally owned up to what she is and is going around trying to get her life back on track. In the meantime, a human hate group called HAPA are trying to turn witches into demons with horrific results. The I.S. and FIB are not cooperating with each other and one is coercing Rachel into working for them or they will blame her for HAPA's crimes. Rachel's all too willing to help, the only problem? She put that darn charmed bracelet on. Will she be brave enough to take it off?

For me, there are three parts of this book. The first one being the investigation. Typical Rachel Morgan intrigue. I quite enjoyed the twist with the bad guys being humans and it never got boring. The second part is seeing all the complexities of the characters finally coming to fruition ~ or beginning to. This would be a hard book to appreciate if you haven't read the prior books in the series. And the third part is the ongoing tease of Rachel and Trent! At this point, I just don't know what to think....will they ever get together or just be buddies?

I just loved the growth of all the characters...even Rachel. Although she is still taking very slow, precise baby steps in her decisions regarding her personal life. So unlike herself when she's on a run and thinks on the fly, it just makes me laugh. I am glad that she's finally beginning to accept herself.

With some of the other characters, it made me a little sad because it seems as though there is some wrapping up going on and I'm just not ready. Thankfully, Jenks was still his amazing sharp witted self and his lines never fail to make me laugh.

And Mr. Trent? I think he is finally deciding to do some things he wants to do. And does that include Rachel? Sad to say I really have no idea. I was hopeful after the "kiss" in the last book but I kept going back and forth in this one. I was happy to have so many great moments of them though. I won't be happy if they don't get together but maybe they will come to terms with each other? I wish I had a clue! I am disappointed that nothing more happened or that we didn't even get another kiss. Nothing like waiting another year to find out!

Favorite line:

♥ "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I interrupt some sort of dominance foreplay?"

♥ "The cookie maker needs someone to look out for him."

**ETA: Link to Trent's POV...first teaser chapter:

{thanks Geekius!}

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.

Quotes Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Liked

Kim Harrison
“Oh, I'm sorry. Did I interrupt some sort of dominance foreplay?”

Kim Harrison
“The cookie maker needs someone to look out for him.”

Kim Harrison
“The want for that kiss had shocked him more than the interruption, and he fell back into the chair, cool and nonchalant as Quen came in with his questions and demands. He wasn't sure if he believed he'd really helped, but one thing was very clear. He wanted that again, that feeling of standing with her against all odds and succeeding. He wanted it so bad, he was going to risk destroying everything he and his father had worked for. He should walk away. Right now. But as she was ushered out the door under David's arm, all he wanted to do was follow her. What the hell was he doing, falling in love with a demon?”
Kim Harrison, A Perfect Blood

02/22/2012 ""Oh, I'm sorry. Did I interrupt some sort of dominance foreplay?" oh Trent!" 15 comments
02/23/2012 ""The cookie maker needs someone to look out for him." LOL..i love Jenks!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Meredith Barrons Let me know when your done! I want to discuss!!!

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Meredith Barrons wrote: "Let me know when your done! I want to discuss!!!"

ok will do!

Meredith Barrons Hey!! Great review! I agree with you 100%! It would have been nice to get a Rachel/Trent kiss in his office after the bracelet was off.... Babysteps I guess. I have hope for the next book though. Maybe it is better that Rachel is not jumping into things like she always does!!!

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Meredith...u have a good point about not jumping in. There were just so many sweet moments where Trent was looking out for her. I swear if they don't get together...i will be sooo upset...lol!

=^☺^=mskitty Damn I was hoping we'd get more of Rach and Trent....oh well...I'm starting today.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ =^☺^=mskitty wrote: "Damn I was hoping we'd get more of Rach and Trent....oh well...I'm starting today."

well we do...ull see. let me know when u finish!

Meredith Barrons There is definitely a progression in their relationship. It is just slower than we would have liked!

=^☺^=mskitty so no sex yet...lol!

Meredith Barrons I wish!!!!!! : )

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Meredith Barrons wrote: "I wish!!!!!! : )"

OMG...that would be amazing! ;)

Meredith Barrons And them not getting interrupted every time something is about to happen!!!

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ seriously....enough to make u pull ur hair out!

Meredith Barrons Pretty much every time Trent is about to open up and tell her something!!!!

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Meredith Barrons wrote: "Pretty much every time Trent is about to open up and tell her something!!!!"

i know....well i think we'd better get a lot more in the next book(s).

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Links to Trent's POV....will be the first teaser chapter.

{thanks Geekius!}

Tokies is it wrong to still hope she and ivy to get together.. sometimes i just hope a big book would go for it.. cos ivy hot LMAO

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ LOL...i think ur the only person ive ever heard say that!!

Tokies ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "LOL...i think ur the only person ive ever heard say that!!"

hey.. they almost had a f/f/m thing going.. and im like wow hot..love the series ..but they didnt go for it.. they kinda dump it.. and it makes me sad.. cos ivy and her could have worked