Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Spring Comes to Sanctuary

Spring Comes to Sanctuary by Cooper McKenzie

May 19, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, erotic, m-f, m-f-m, menage, paranormal
Read in May, 2011

The hiking guide mentions seeing squirrels, rabbits, birds and the occasional deer. It said nothing about giant horse-like dogs!! Actually, they’re Irish Wolfhounds but Spring’s reaction to their sudden appearance on the trail would have been pretty much the same. Dead faint!

Spring Ryan is tired of people looking at her face and assuming she doesn’t have a brain just because she happens to be pretty. Granted, her latest scheme to spend her birthday alone, on a fifty mile nature hike down the Appalachian Trail, might not help her argument. Don’t misunderstand; Spring is stronger and more independent than people, including her parents, give her credit for. A traumatic episode in her past has made her wary but she’s tired of living in fear.

A nice quiet hike over several days with plenty of time to think about what she wants to do with her life is on the agenda. Being confronted with a pair of hot and sexy Irish wolfhound shifter mates is NOT. Good thing Spring’s plans are flexible because once she has a taste of love al la twins Adam and Brock Sullivan, going back to a place that no longer felt like home holds very little appeal. But will she have to make a choice when reality and her job back home breaks into their secluded mountain sanctuary? Don’t get too caught up in the romantic element of this book, there is a sinister force just waiting to throw a wrench into this budding triad.

Spring Comes to Sanctuary is a perfect example of the imaginative talents of author Cooper McKenzie. Her stories are always entertaining in their settings and dialogue. The way she describes the remote haven of Sanctuary had me wanting to see this place. Oh well, if I can’t go there in real life I’ll settle for visiting through Ms. McKenzie’s vivid story telling.

An example of her powerful writing is the way she paints a tantalizing picture of the overwhelming effect the twins have on Spring. Someone recently asked the question if “fated mates” had become clichéd or over used in fiction. My response was similar to several others in that it depends on how the writer develops the relationship outside of the influence of “fate”. Ms. McKenzie does an exceptional job of creating chemistry and growth between Spring, Adam and Brock. By the way, in case you didn’t know, NEVER give wolfhound shifters high doses of caffeine…just take my word on that!

Spring Comes to Sanctuary is the first book in the Welcome to Sanctuary series. There are three more Ryan siblings, with Spring’s brother Winter’s book already available for reading as well. The whole series looks to be wonderfully conceived and plotted out. I’ve read Winter’s story and I’m anxiously awaiting younger sister’s Summer and Autumn to find their HEA’s as well. Pick up a copy of Spring’s story and be prepared to be drawn into a world fated mates and love everlasting.

originally posted at http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spring Comes to Sanctuary.