Megan's Reviews > Home Improvement: Undead Edition

Home Improvement by Charlaine Harris

Feb 05, 12

Read from January 28 to February 05, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Since this is an anthology I figure I would give a quick review of each story.

If I had a Hammer by Charlaine Harris: Of course I loved reading this story because I love everything about Sookie Stackhouse and since I have just finished reading book 11 everything was like a continuation of that for me. It also had spirits in it which is a little different compared to what Sookie normally deals with i.e. werewolves, vampires, and shapeshifters.

Wizard Home Security by Victor Gischler: I really enjoyed reading this one I thought it was cute and funny. It is about a wizard who gets a security system which ultimately backfires on him and he has to figure out how to fix things with only a small amount of spells left to use.

Grey by Patricia Briggs: This story was an excellent read, its about a girl who was changed into a vampire (not by choice) and she is scared and runs back home and ends up killing her husband. Though there is sadness in the story it has a happy ending (and I am a sucker for happy endings) I really want to read more books by this author in the future.

Squatters' Rights by Rochelle Krich: I enjoyed reading this story it was very good and spooky. I would have liked it to have a happier ending but not all endings can be happy. Definately a good ghost story.

Blood on the Wall by Heather Graham: I liked this story, its about a private investigator and a teenager geek who has a fake cult because it stopped the bullies from picking on him and has the girls chasing after him. But after one of the girls in his cult ends up murdered he is the one getting all the blame. And it had a good twist at the end of it.

The Mansion of Imperatives by James Grady: I thought this was a very interesting story, and really enjoyed reading it. As a bonus it ended exactly how I wanted it to end as I was reading it.

The Strength Inside by Melissa Marr: This is a neat story about two sister bori who have two young ones that they are trying to raise and mainstream with humans. It was very interesting to read because bori I have never heard or read about before. I am also looking forward to reading other books by this author.

Woolsley's Kitchen Nightmare by E.E. Knight: I thought this was a cute an comedic story about fixing up a resturant that was being run into the ground.

Through this House by Seanan McGuire: This is a neat story about a changeling (half human half fae) who gets the title to a place called Goldengreen. There are some supernatural creatures that I have never read about before like pixies, and bogies

The Path by S.J. Rozan: This was a good story about learning from your mistakes and changing yourself to become a better person to help others.

Rick the Brave by Stacia Kane: This story is about a guy named Rick who takes a crap job that no one wants to earn some extra cash ends up ghosts show up in large numbers and he has to help get rid of them. It was a good story and makes me want to check out some of the authors other books if I can ever make a dent in my reading list...

Full-Scale Demolition by Suzanne McLeod: I really liked this story, and I marked her other novels on my to-read list. I especially liked reading about the kelpie which is like a water horse that I have never read about before. There is also fairies, pixies and other creatures in it.

It's all in the Rendering by Simon R. Green I enjoyed reading this story, it was different and I liked it. Again it had supernatural beings that are new to me.

In Brightest Day by Toni L. P. Kelner I really liked this story it is about a girl who is a houngan and her job is to raise the dead to finish jobs that they didn't get a chance to do before they died.

7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home Improvement.

01/28/2012 page 27