Nathanael (Boehm) Coyne's Reviews > Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rule-breakers, and Changemakers

Gamestorming by Dave  Gray

Feb 25, 12

bookshelves: work-related
Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy

"A great plan can't guarantee a great outcome, but it will help lay down the fundamentals from which you can adapt". This quote from the book relating to the "7Ps Framework" applies to the entire book. Try and apply these "games" verbatim and it'll probably feel contrived with too much focus on process and not enough on the outcome. Keep that in mind while you read this book otherwise you'll go through it thinking "I can't play this game with my co-workers, they'll laugh at me!". In fact it's probably a good idea if you never refer to these techniques as games or gamestorming. Some fantastic ideas and concepts in here that will surely help you harness the full creative power of even the most withdrawn and quiet team ... if you've got the motivation to persist. You'll probably already be familiar with terms like bodystorming, card sorting, affinity diagrams etc but I'd say 80% of these techniques were new to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gamestorming.