Seth's Reviews > Atlas Shrugged

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Jun 05, 07

This book, as much as I detest it, is actually rather useful. Those who have read it tend to be those whom I most especially desire to avoid. Because those who have read it are invariably proud of the fact--ostentatiously so--it is even easier for me to keep my life free and clear of delusional egomaniacs. Thank you Ayn Rand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atlas Shrugged.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Петър (new)

Петър Стойков well, since you rated the book, you have obviously read it, so I cant help to wander how can you manage to avoid yourself...

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F Longanlon wrote: "well, since you rated the book, you have obviously read it, so I cant help to wander how can you manage to avoid yourself..."

That's what I was thinking.

Marge Sorry you feel that way. I've lived my life not looting, working hard and living a life (I hope) of integrity. No one in my life has ever called me a delusional egomaniac. I'm not so sure you read the book.

Jordan The "egomaniacs" you're talking about are the people who will most respect you and others.

Marge There are many people like Seth who would rather cling to their illusions than face reality. It's so much easier for them.

message 6: by Jakob (new)

Jakob Marge wrote: "There are many people like Seth who would rather cling to their illusions than face reality. It's so much easier for them."

So those who don't agree with the book aren't facing reality? Is that what you're saying?

BookGuys So a one star review from someone who hasn't read the book? Classy.

Sahil Sood i don't blame you

message 9: by T (new)

T This review, plus four stars for a Paul Krugman book, tells me that Ayn Rand was a bit over your head.

Nyskier Funny review! One of the best!

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Joseph White to say a book is useful after giving it one star = me ignoring your review

message 12: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya Dixit Funny, but I'm going to be one of those people. All said and done 600 hundred pages are bound to have some substance as much as we are unwilling to see. I think the book provides a provocative alternative way of thought...helps keep an open mind. :)