Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)'s Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 2

Fruits Basket, Vol. 2 by Natsuki Takaya

Jan 24, 12

bookshelves: manga, children-young-adult, 2011
Read in May, 2011 — I own a copy

I loved it! One really cool thing about this series is that starting with this volume, there’s a short description of each of the characters at the beginning of the book. The character list gets longer as we get introduced to more characters, plus there’s a page devoted to the story so far. Also cool is the fact that there’s instructions on how to Play Rich Man, Poor Man, which is mentioned a few times in volume 1, info about the year of the rat, fan art, and a sound effect index.

So, I really liked the artwork, which is really detailed. I love how even when the characters aren’t talking, I still know what’s going on and can tell what they’re thinking. Scattered throught the book are notes from the author: some are “ultra special blah blah blahs” while others just random side notes where the author talks about video games she’s playing or writes about the characters.

Rating: It gets a 5 out 5! The storyline is cool, there’s really detailed illustrations and I love the random notes. Plus, the character list becomes important later in the series because we get introduced to more and more characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 2.