Carri's Reviews > Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

F_50x66
Jul 27, 11

Read from May 18 to June 01, 2011

I had no expectations going into this book. I was in awe of this man. I enjoyed the look into Zamperini's unruly childhood. I found myself smiling at the things he did. The ordeal's he overcame and the triumphs he had were amazing and life altering...meaning I found myself taking count of my blessings and good fortune throughout the book.

The thought crossed my mind there were points throughout the book that were a bit long, however after further thought, he was gone a long time. He endured much and I am sure this was just a scratch of the surface of the pain and unhappiness he felt. I was glad the book was not cut shorter...it would have lost something for me. I have never read a POW story before and it horrifies me each time I read about how inhuman individuals can be during times like these.

The ending was especially sweet and impactful for me. I recommend this book to everyone and hope you enjoy it and are impacted by his story as I was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.