Tammy ~NovelOpinion's Reviews > Caterpillar

Caterpillar by M. Leighton

May 24, 11

bookshelves: dystopian, post-apocalyptic, 1st-in-series, indie-self-pubbed
Read in May, 2011

Synopsis: Atlanta Realtor Cat Deen’s average life gets axed when she discovers that demons are real— and they know her name. Though some take human form, they can’t hide their wicked souls (or the nasty things they do) from Cat. One can even turn her insides to mush… but in a good way.

This book has an interesting premise. A curse in Cat Deen's family, affecting the women only, allows her to discern demons. This is her first gift and her calling is to kill them. The catch here is she will have 9 lives, each life she will gain another gift. I have no idea how this is gonna work out as the series progresses. Cat's character is good but I cannot believe how ignorant about the supernatural she is. Either that or the author felt we needed a primer on supernatural beings because as Cat was 'discovering' her gift, she had no idea what a Lycanthrope, golem, and some other creatures. She has to be informed of vampires etc. It's tedious.
Cat discovers a gruesome murder in a house she is planning on showing. Then the next three or four houses and all I could think was why the hell didn't the cops go to the homes first and why did she continue working while all this was going on.
Not the worst book I've read but I doubt I will pick up the second installment. This does have possabilities and some of you may have more patience with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caterpillar.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Leighton I wanted to thank you, Tammy, for your honest review of my work. I sincerely appreciate that you took time out of your day to read it:)

Tammy ~NovelOpinion M. wrote: "I wanted to thank you, Tammy, for your honest review of my work. I sincerely appreciate that you took time out of your day to read it:)"

Thank you for being so gracious. I cringe when I write a less than stellar review. After all, it's only my opinion but I am aware that an author has put hard work into the book i'm reviewing.

message 3: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Leighton Tammy wrote: "M. wrote: "I wanted to thank you, Tammy, for your honest review of my work. I sincerely appreciate that you took time out of your day to read it:)"

Thank you for being so gracious. I cringe whe..."

The fact that you cringe just shows that you aren't haphazard or malicious with your reviews and I thank you for that, too.