Sara Winters's Reviews > Not Knowing Jack

Aug 22, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: m-m
Read from August 20 to 21, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I liked this story. (Honestly, K.A. Mitchell has been an auto-buy for me for months.) But something about it just feels unfinished. I enjoyed reading about the chemistry between Tony and Jack, but because the story takes place in such a short period of time, I felt like the way Tony forgave each lie and secret was almost rushed. Yes, he did it partially for the kids, but he's willing to sacrifice so much and forgive easily for the sake of children he didn't know existed days before to live with a man he doesn't know he can trust? Yes, Jack is a better alternative than their mother's family, but Tony doesn't have to be treated like a doormat for the situation to work. I like that Tony stands up for himself, but wish that he had done it more often and that there was more work for Jack to get back into his good graces at the end of the book.

As far as Sarah goes, I love her relationship with Tony. And her recovery was super, super quick. Huh. Maybe I don't know enough about the trauma she suffered to really give an assessment, it just seems slightly unrealistic to believe she would go from not talking to almost complete readjusted and happy within a month.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Knowing Jack.