Darkfallen's Reviews > Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Oct 11, 11

bookshelves: read-n-reviewed
Read from September 27 to October 02, 2011

This is one of those books that is kinda hard to rate.

One of those books that had you waiting on the edge of your seat for it's release date. So when I opened my mailbox to find a ARC copy there waiting for me I squeeled so loud even Greta could here me down in Alabama...of course that probably had something to do with the fact that I called her and then she was squeeing too! lolz

And then we both started to read it...and things got tricky.

The first 100 pages is mostly Blah. I found it sorta dry and slow in parts, and had a real hard time liking Cas much less connecting with him. This is where Greta got lost. But I plowed on. I needed to know if all my anticipation was for not.

Then the next 50 pages things started to pick up...a little. I still didn't really connect with Cas, but I at least didn't dislike him anymore. I even found myself laughing at his thoughts every once in a while.

And then we meet Anna. And my world turned upside down. I absolutely loved Anna and everything about her. Yes even the creepy, she will rip you to shreds, parts. I could have spent this entire book in her head, from her point of view, and it would have probably been labeled as one of my all time favorite reads!

As the relationship between Cas & Anna builds I even find myself down right liking Cas. Feeling sorry for him, rooting for him even. That's the power of Anna. Anna the girl dressed in blood. Anna the girl that has the potential to scare the pee out of you and then make you love her all at the same time.

So while when I started this book I didn't even think I was going to finish it, then I decided it was a 3 star, and THEN it was almost a 5 at the end...over all I give this a 4. Maybe more like a 3.75 if we are getting technical. Because while the truth is that I almost didn't even finish reading past the first 75 pages...I am so glad that I did and I can't wait for the next book. I need to know what happened to my dear Anna.

I only hope the next book starts off a little better;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna Dressed in Blood.

09/27/2011 page 22
7.0% "If people knew what I was up to, they'd probably try to stop me. The idiots would take Caspers side, and then I'd have to kill Casper and them after Casper bit their throats out. Lmao" 5 comments
09/29/2011 page 84
27.0% "Instead I find a ghost with the strength of a storm, black eyes, pale hands, not a dead person at all but a dead goddess. Persephone back from Hades, or Hecate half-decayed."
09/30/2011 page 247
78.0% "I smile quietly. She is with me all the time. I feel stupid now, for not seeing it sooner. But hey, at least we'll have this strange story to tell, love and death and blood and daddy-issues. And holy crap, I am a psychiatrist's wet dream. Lmao!!"
09/30/2011 page 275
87.0% "EEEKKK!!! Creepy"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Greta is Erikasbuddy Fo shizzle! I have such a hard time with books that drag and drag and drag and drag and then Boom... oh now it's good ;)

Plus, I kinda thought that Cass was just so super full of himself that I wanted to smack the living ghost hunter out of him :P

But at least you enjoyed it!! I look forward to hearing the rest of the story ! (from you of course...lolz... I don't have the patience hehe)

Darkfallen Lolz yes yes use me for your spoil bunny. Just remember to pet me when your done;p

Greta is Erikasbuddy HAHA!

pet pet pet pet!

I'll even give you a kitty treat ;)

Darkfallen Yay!! Kitty treats!!

Greta is Erikasbuddy Come here on SUnday. I give my kitties their Sunday Treats. You can get in line and purr with them ;)

Darkfallen Lolz *puuurrrrssss*

message 7: by AH (new) - added it

AH Great review, Darkfallen. Everyone seems to love this book.

Darkfallen Thanx AH!

It is really good but you have to get past the first 100 pages first.