Sheri's Reviews > Easy on the Eyes

Easy on the Eyes by Jane Porter

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from August 07 to 08, 2011

My grade: A-. I had a hard time deciding between an A- and a B+ on this one. This is a wonderful book. It touched my soul. Okay, I just changed by grade from B+ to A-. Any book that touches your soul should rate an A, don't you think? I guess this book is categorized as women's fiction or chiclit. There's a romance, but the romance isn't the main focus of the book. Tia is. Tia, who anchors a popular celebrity news show is still uncertain about where she's going with her life. She yearns--yearns for grand passion. Not just a loving man who is a grand passion, but grand passion in her life, even yearns to feel passion about herself. In this book she wakes up to the fact that it isn't there and begins to question what she can do about it and gets up the courage to try--to change--to risk her comfortable life in the hope that she will be rewarded with so much more. Michael was a fascinating man. I have to admit, I want more of the secondary characters, Tia's girlfriends, and I'll be scoping out their books (at this point I'm assuming they each have one). The book's ending I adored. It was absolutely perfect, took my heartstrings, tugged on them and tied them in a beautiful bow. When I read the author's note at the end, I felt like Jane Porter's soul sister. What higher praise can I give a writer?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy on the Eyes.