Kaitlin Y's Reviews > My Soul to Steal

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent

F_50x66
May 18, 11

I HATE KAYLEE!

Well not hate hate, but I'm finding her pretty annoying. The whole book left me frustrated as heck, I had to stop reading a few times to come down so I wouldn't throw the book (which is actually on my iPhone) across the room (thus breaking my beloved phone). Nash is going through some serious withdraws, and when recovering from an issue such as Nash's, obviously you're going to need a good friend to be there for you no matter what. And therein lies my frustration. The whole book all Nash wants is for his girlfriend, who you are repeatedly told throughout the book that he stills cares for deeply, to be there for him. And what does she do? She all but spits in his face and tells him no i can't help you because you hurt my feelings. Love is supposed to be selfless, true love means she'd help him, even if she felt betrayed by him. Is it any wonder at all that Nash turns to his ex for support he needs? Nope.
Anyway, that love triangle aside, tod is becoming a favorite character of mine, he really shines through in this book, because we get to see him as more than just the perpetual mood ruiner.
All in all, this is a great short read, and although frustrating, I cannot deny that the author actually managed to get me emotionally caught up in a book, so kudos on that
I'd defiantly cannot wait for the next book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Steal.