Sandie's Reviews > Forbidden Sea

Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson

Jun 02, 13

Read from May 26 to June 02, 2013, read count: 1

I really enjoyed this book, far more then I thought I would actually. This is not your regular fairy tale about pretty mermaids....actually there is far less mermaid then I would have expected. Though they are very prominent at the end of the book.

Its not set in current day, but am not really sure of the time frame just that its a long time ago and women were not always held as equals.

Adrianne is a very awesome character, a good role model for girls. I am less then thrilled with her family in general but I do love how the story unwinds and how explainations are given as to why things are the way they are and people are the way they are.

This book is a very well written glimpse into Adrianne's life and some very wise words are given by this writer more then once in the book. Alot of emphasis on looks not being everything, which I like alot especially for girls since that always seems to be an issue; especially in todays world.

Very pleased, highly reccomend to anyone who enjoys stories with a true quality wrapped in myth and with the right ending, perhaps not what you would think as the happiest ending but the exactly right ending for this books heroine.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Sea.

05/26/2013 marked as: currently-reading