Mj's Reviews > Warped

Warped by Maurissa Guibord

May 18, 11

liked it
Read in March, 2011

Unusual book! I enjoyed the storyline. When a mysterious tapestry arrives with a carton of books purchased by her father at auction, the adventures begin. Tessa Brody unknowingly releases the spirit of Will de Chaucy, a 16th century nobleman who had been trapped in the tapestry by an evil old woman. The story unfolds as Tessa and William try to figure out how the events occurred. The book is a fantasy tale interwoven with romance and a bit of suspense.

Tessa struggles with her mother’s death and her father’s new relationship. In addition to these teen woes, Tessa connects with Will in a big way. The story is a journey back and forth through time for these two young people struggling to fight and overcome the evil fates trying to control him.

The fantasy portion was interwoven in the story in a positive way. The characters could have used a little more depth. The story did not hook me as much initially as I thought it might. It has the elements of fantasy, romance, and a little suspense. If you like the retelling of fairy tales, this book will probably appeal to you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warped.