Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Wild Fascination

Wild Fascination by Abby Blake

May 18, 2011

bookshelves: bdsm, erotic, m-f, m-f-m-m-m-m-m-m-m, menage, science-fiction-fantasy
Read in May, 2011

In this third book of Abby Blake’s series A Bride for Eight Brothers, the story gets better and more involved. This actually has three subplots, all woven together to make an enjoyable and entertaining book.

The contract on the ice planet has been completed, and while most of Mikayla’s husbands are moving the base to the next uninhabited planet, Mikayla, along with Ryan and Ty are on a brief vacation back on Earth. Peter is also on the planet, attending to some business. As the three decide to join Peter in New York, a chance meeting at the airport reveals details of how Mikayla ended up on the ice planet with her men, and they are able to prevent the same thing from happening to another young woman, Tracey, caught in the same man’s trap.

Tracey and Mikayla find they have much in common, and quickly become friends. When they get to New York, Mikayla discovers that Peter’s former fiancé is trying to sue all of her husbands for everything they have.

Then, on the new planet, something starts affecting the libidos of her husbands. Mikayla enjoys the extra attention at first, but as the men grow ever more attentive, the cause needs to be found. Can they survive the lawsuit and keep Peter’s ex from winning what they have worked so hard to build? On the new base, can they discover what is causing the men to lose control, before one of them actually hurts the woman they all cherish? Will they all get past this latest difficulty to become the happy family they once were?

There is a lot to laugh at in this episode of A Bride for Eight Brothers. I still enjoy watching as these nine people grow as a family, and support each other no matter what. Mikayla continues to be the sassy and smart woman we met at the beginning, but I love seeing the new sense of confidence she is gaining because of the love she gets from her men. I had to laugh when she learned that the new scientists coming to help were three women, but I also loved that she felt secure enough to accept them once they arrived.

The various issues raised in this story do find solutions and, in more than one instance, they are humorous and delightful. I like that Mikayla has gained a female friend in Tracey, and I hope to see more of her and her new husbands in future episodes. Of course, with eight hunks hovering around, there is a fair amount of hot and sexy action, but it is well done and appropriate to the storyline. I recommend this to all who like their science fiction on the hot side, but be sure to read them in order, as these are not stand alone books.

originally posted at http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Fascination.