jo mo's Reviews > Ready Player One

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Jun 26, 11

bookshelves: dystopia, futuristic, egalley, 2011, arc, moments-of-hilarity, adoptee-or-orphan, school-life, young-adult, tomboy, 2-stars, cyberpunk
Read from June 14 to 26, 2011

2.75/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ready Player One.

06/14/2011 page 22
6.0% "the trailer wade lives in with his evil, stingy, desparate, addicted aunt."
06/19/2011 page 34
9.0% "My generation had never known a world without the OASIS. To us, it was much more than a game or an entertainment platform. It had been an integral part of our lives as far back as we could remember. We'd been born into an ugly word and the OASIS was our one happy refuge."
06/19/2011 page 34
9.0% "For us, it was like someone threatening to take away the sun, or charge a fee to look up at the sky."
06/19/2011 page 60
16.0% "Before long, billions of people around the world were working and playing in the OASIS every day. Some of them met, fell in love and got married without every setiing foot on the same continent. The lines of distinction between a person's real identity and that of their avatar began to blur." 6 comments
06/19/2011 page 64
17.0% "You'd be amazed how much research you can get done when you have no life whatsoever."
06/26/2011 page 238
62.0% ""My brain felt like a hammered Play-Doh.""
06/26/2011 page 276
72.0% "A thick film of neglect still covered everything in sight."
06/26/2011 page 321
84.0% "We'd connected on a purely mental level. I understood her, trusted her and loved her as a dear friend. None of that had changed or could be changed by anything as inconsequential as her gender or skin color or sexual orientation."
06/26/2011 page 352
92.0% ""You're absolutely positive?" "Positively absolutely.""
06/26/2011 page 372
97.0% "Some time later, she leaned over and kissed me. It felt just like all those songs and poems had promised it would."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Hah! I really hope you enjoy it. I had such a great time reading it.

message 2: by jo (last edited Jun 14, 2011 05:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

jo mo Maja wrote: "Hah! I really hope you enjoy it. I had such a great time reading it."

yah, i like it so far, but i still want or at least try to read 10pages or so from the astronomy book per day, which is why it's probably going to take me longer to finish.