Sophia's Reviews > A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

May 18, 11

bookshelves: spirituality

Three and a half stars really. Because it's not an easy read, but nevertheless the ideas are good ones and worth adding to the tool kit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A New Earth.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elyse Eckhart Tolle is fabulous. I keep his books near me--have given his books as gifts-(read "Power of Now" at least 4 times)---and had the honor to meet him in person about 7 years ago. He is one of my favorite spiritual teachers

Sophia Wow! A lot of what I read keeps coming back to me. Maybe I'll try the 'Power of Now' next. Much of what he says is very refreshing. I particularly liked his practical advice.

Elyse Have You had a chance to listen to him speak? He has a wonderful speaking voice.

Before Tolle came popular-- I worked for Werner Erhard and Associates (Landmark Education), -- (1970-1981). I grew up with "The language-thoughts-life-process-of transformation"....(and my responsibility).
Another young 'Zen Master' (born in our area), that I've taken silent retreats with, etc. is a man named "Adyashanti". His book called 'emptiness dancing' is wonderful!!! I think you might enjoy it.

Also: Have you read Joseph Campbell "The Power of Myth"? or other books by Joseph Campbell? He had a profound influence on millions of people

Sophia Thank you. Yes, I've read most of Joseph Campbell's books - a long, long time ago!