Mary Aris's Reviews > Lake Charles

Lake Charles by Ed Lynskey

Jun 16, 11

Recommended to Mary by: Author
Read from May 17 to June 16, 2011, read count: 1

Lake Charles is the type of story that entertains the reader with powerful descriptions and zany characters. The story is set in 1979 during the Gas crisis. The main Character, Brandon, is accused of murdering his girlfriend, Ashleigh whom Brandon found dead next to him at a motel. After being set on bail, Brandon sets out on a fishing trip with his best friend, Cobb and twin sister, Edna.

The plot thickens when his twin sister, Edna goes missing and Brandon and Cobb set on a mission to find her. To their astonishment they uncover a pot plantation in the middle of Lake Charles that might just be behind the murder of Ashleigh and Edna's disappearance. Behind the scenes, Ashleigh's ghost kept creeping into Brandon's conscience encouraging him to catch her true killer.

I found the story dragged a bit in the beginning as the author used highly descriptive words to describe the
Atmosphere but during the middle, as the plot thickened, the story got interesting.

This is a good story if you like a good mystery and detective story

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lake Charles.

05/17/2011 page 8
05/26/2011 page 17
8.81% 1 comment
05/30/2011 page 23
11.92% "I like the descriptions of the surrounding area of Lake Charles and Tenessee. I am finding it a bit slow, though, but that can be put down to my slow reading pace."
05/30/2011 page 28
14.51% "Now the story's getting interesting! :D"
06/09/2011 page 61
31.61% "I'm now on chapter 12. The plot thickens. I enjoyed the line, "My boy did not go gently into any Good Night!" The author quoted Dylan Thomas poem, "Do not go gentle into that Good Night!"
show 9 hidden updates…