Lindsey's Reviews > The Hollow People

The Hollow People by Brian Keaney

Jul 02, 11

read count: 2

I have just finished re-reading this book, and have to say once again I enjoyed it greatly.

The reason I am re-reading this book is because I had put off reading the third book in this series for a long time (years actually) and when I finally went to read it, I couldn't remember several key parts of the plot from the first two books, and I was very bothered by the ending that I had to go back to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

So with that said:

Once again I really love the characters Keaney has created. I find Dante's character to be a very interesting one, having accepted his life as being at the bottom of the hierarchy then finding out pretty much everything had been a lie.
I love Ezekiel's character as well and how he acts as the one full of knowledge yet speaks in riddles.
Though in this book (after reading the third book) I have to say I don't care for Bea as much just because she seems so whiny to me and desperate, but I suppose since this is just the beginning of the series she would be.

The imagery Keaney creates in describing the scenery around Bea and Dante (in the asylum and in the Puca headquarters' city) is great and draws me into it immediately.

The only issue I have with these books (so far that I notice in the third and first book... and will probably see once I've re-read the second book) is the point of view switches. Sometimes there is a nice break in the page to indicate that we are switching from being in Dante's point of view to Bea's and other times there is no real indication and it just happens. This can be bothersome at times since at first you don't realize this and wonder why the perspectives on details have suddenly changed.

Otherwise a very great story and I enjoyed re-reading it! =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow People.

06/30/2011 page 25