Hanna C's Reviews > Pay It Forward

Pay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde

F 50x66
May 17, 11

Read in May, 2011

Simon & Schuster Paperbacks. April 2010. 311 pages. ISBN 978-1-4391-7040-3. Young Adult.

Incredulous page turning will lead the reader up to a ending that will make them tear up. The story is about a twelve-year-old boy named Trevor Mckinney whom engages in the extra credit assignment a fellow social studies techer assigned. The project was to challenge yourself to change the world. Trevor's mindset was tremendously over many peoples head but he panned it out to the extreme. He changed many lives and told the individual he helped just to "pay it forward" in random acts of humongous generosity.
This novel was by far one of the best novels I have read. I never wanted to put it away. Also, I really liked the character of Trevor, his personality hit the heart in places I never thought of. Trevor cared about everyone else in the world, he just wanted the world to be helped and for everyone that was helped to "pay it forward" in similar ways. The only disapointment I had was the ending. I feel that the ending was not as much as I figured it would be. Besides that I really enjoyed the novel. I would reccomend this novel to all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pay It Forward.