Stacy Eaton's Reviews > Faithful Deceptions

Faithful Deceptions by Melissa Ohnoutka

May 22, 11

Read from May 18 to 22, 2011

Hailey is a strong woman determined to get back what was taken from her. During her struggle to overcome being wronged, she finds herself thrown into something worse then she could have ever thought. Her strength keeps her going when most women would have given up.

Patrick is a strong secretive male, able to lie to do his job no matter the cost, but what happens when the lies cross over to truths? How does Patrick deal with it then?

This book has a great plot, and kept me wondering what the real story was as it was trying to unfold. The author did a good job of keeping my mind turning back and forth trying to figure out what would happen, and exactly what the big mystery was.

The romance of the book was sweet and intense, and you were pulling for them to overcome the obstacles from the time they first got together until the end of the book. The connection between Patrick and Hailey was natural and was easy to understand.

The author did a great job writing the book, bringing conversations through to closure, and giving depth to the scenes and the plot. The style was natural and progressed well. I did find a few times where I was a bit confused as to what was happening at the start of a chapter, but I quickly figured it out.

As a Debut Novel for Melissa Ohnoutka, this was a great one to start off. I looked forward to reading more of her work as she continues to grow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faithful Deceptions.