Caitlin Trepp's Reviews > The Phantom Tollbooth

bookshelves: classics, fantasy, childrens, read-2011
Recommended to Caitlin by: Mrs. Stewart
Recommended for: Kids
Read in August, 2011 , read count: 2

Yes this book was more appropriate when I first read it in 3rd grade (thank you Mrs. Stewart!) but I didn't remember so much of it. IT IS AWESOME!!! Total staple for all kids, everywhere, forever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Phantom Tollbooth.

Quotes Caitlin Liked

Norton Juster
“For instance," said the boy again, "if Christmas trees were people and people were Christmas trees, we'd all be chopped down, put up in the living room, and covered in tinsel, while the trees opened our presents."
"What does that have to do with it?" asked Milo.
"Nothing at all," he answered, "but it's an interesting possibility, don't you think?”

Norton Juster
“The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what's in between.”

Norton Juster
“Have you ever heard the wonderful silence just before the dawn? Or the quiet and calm just as a storm ends? Or perhaps you know the silence when you haven't the answer to a question you've been asked, or the hush of a country road at night, or the expectant pause of a room full of people when someone is just about to speak, or, most beautiful of all, the moment after the door closes and you're alone in the whole house? Each one is different, you know, and all very beautiful if you listen carefully.”

08/22/2011 page 100