Arec Rain's Reviews > A Bride in the Bargain

A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist

3205188
May 17, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, historical, romance, christian
Read in May, 2011

I couldn’t’ help but fall in love with this one. With Gist, it’s hit or miss with me, and this one definitely hit. I love nothing than a good historical romance, and this is definitely a favorite.

I first fell in love with the characters. Determined and hardworking, Joe and Anna both have their own plans and try to use each other to accomplish them. However, Anna’s plans contradict Joe’s and they are thrown into quite.

I then fell in love with the world Gist conveyed through her talented writing. She has a way of taking you back into that time and making you part of that world.

Normally, I would find the plot interesting all, but Gist had me interested. I think it was because I was so caught up in Joe, Anna, and their problems that I forgot to be bored with a plot that normally wouldn’t do anything for me. Instead, I found myself rooting for Anna and Joe not only as a couple but as people.

Gist always has to through a wrench into things to make them interesting. I could have kicked her for it this novel, but the fact that she gave me an ending I was happy with made it for it. Maybe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bride in the Bargain.