Lisianthus's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Nov 07, 11

bookshelves: best-books-ever, favourite-pnr-s, all-pnrs
Read in November, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.

Quotes Lisianthus Liked

Thea Harrison
“There are plastic bags with zippers on them. I've seen them in commercials," Dragos said to her. He snapped his fingers, trying to remember the name. "You put food in them."
"Ziploc bags?" she asked in a cautious voice.
He pointed at her. "Yes. I want one.”

Thea Harrison
“I think you’re my hero,' she said. Only half-kidding.
He stared at her, the picture of incredulity. 'Most people,' he said, 'think I am a very bad man.'
She studied his eyes to try to find out if that bothered him. He didn’t seem bothered by them. He seemed discomfited by her. 'Well,' she said at last, 'maybe you’re a very good dragon.”

Thea Harrison
“I am cursed with a terminal case of curiosity," he said. "I am jealous, selfish, acquisitive, territorial and possessive. I have a terrible temper, and I know I can be a cruel son of a bitch." He cocked his head. "I used to eat people, you know.”

Thea Harrison
“I am not a piece of property, damn it!"
"But you are in my possession."
She enunciated, "I think you are a lunatic."
"Since you are too, that works well enough." His mouth curled into a smile.”

Thea Harrison
I’m sorry, the message said.
The theft was a violation of privacy. It was an unbelievable act of impudence and disrespect. Not only that, it was—baffling. He was murderous, incandescent with fury. He was older than sin and could not remember when he had last been in such a rage.
He looked at the paper again.
I’m sorry I had to take your penny. Here’s another to replace it.
Yep, that’s what it said.
One corner of his mouth twitched. He gave himself a deep shock when he burst into an explosive guffaw.”

Thea Harrison
“Payback was a beautiful bitch. She was also a good friend of his, and they were just getting started.”

Thea Harrison
“I’m busy, you’re busy, everybody’s busy. I’ve got a lot I want to say to you, though.” “All right,” Pia told her. “Hit me with it.” “First, I’m so sorry about what my uncle Urien did to you guys. I hate him, he killed my family, and we’re going to cut off his head, and then I have to be Queen, but before that happens let’s do lunch, okay?”

Thea Harrison
“A dragon just gave me a piece of jewelry,” she said. She took another swig and handed the bottle back to Graydon. “Have I been added to his hoard?”

He shook his head and drank too. “No, cupcake,” he said. “I’m pretty sure you’ve replaced it.”

Thea Harrison
“Wouldn't it be better if the Elves would just shut up and go away? Hey, what if they stopped throwing a fit at you walking across their backyard. It's not like you ate their tulips or dug holes in their lawn. You didn't piss on any trees when I wasn't looking, did you?" The thundercloud that had darkened his face broke apart. He laughed. "I would have if I'd thought about it.”
tags: humor

Thea Harrison
“Did you kill the Fae horses?”
The whuffling stopped. Dragos said in a cautious voice, “Was I not supposed to?”
She shrugged. “It just wasn’t their fault.”
“If it helps any, I was hungry and ate one.”

Thea Harrison
“He gave her a lazy predatory smile as he moved his torso over heres. "You're not afraid of me at all anymore, are you?"
She sobered. Call her crazy, but she thought he would rather cut off his hands than hurt her. "So what if I'm not?" she muttered.
His beautiful, cruel mouth pulled into a smile. "I think if your're not crazy, it's a very good thing," he said. He moved, and before she realized what he intended, he had her hands pinned over her head. "It gives me all kinds of license to do bad things to you. With you. On you. In you.”

Thea Harrison
“I have learned so many things over the long years," he whispered..."I've taken tribute from sovereigns and witnessed the end of empires. But you are my best teacher.”

Thea Harrison
“He kissed the palm of her hand. "It means, you stupid woman, that I am learning too. Now you listen to me. I never stop thinking about you. You're with me everywhere I go but I miss you when we're apart. I've already shown that I will kill for you. I would also die for you. You make me laugh. You make me happy. You're my miracle and my home...I will always come for you, always want you, and always need you. We clear?"

She had begun to glow. "Sounds a lot love love to me.”

Thea Harrison
“Yes, I know," he said, impatient. "I am going to rend you from limb to limb. Someday. When I feel like it. In the meantime, you will not faint, you will get warm, and you will stop being distressed." His nostrils pinched. "I don't like how it smells.”

Thea Harrison
“You're mine," he said. "You can deny it, argue, throw fits, try to run away. But. You're. Still. Mine."

~Dragos”

Thea Harrison
“Don't you dare leave me. I swear to God, I will follow you into hell if I have to and drag you back by the hair."

~Dragos”

Thea Harrison
“All I took was a freaking penny. Besides, I already gave you another one.”

...

“You took a 1962 penny,” Dragos said. His teeth were gritted. “You left a 1975 penny. It’s no replacement.”

She stared at him. “Oh my God, it’s scary you noticed that.”

Thea Harrison
“This was both creepy and... thoughtful.”

Thea Harrison
“When she's in her manic phase, she's a little like trying crack for the first time," Rune said. He blinked at them, his face bland. "Not that I would know what that feels like.”

Thea Harrison
“His head jerked up. He had one of the most startling and unwelcome thoughts of the last century.

Am I a boyfriend?

He growled and jerked the door open.”

Thea Harrison
This is a nonstop flight to New York. Thank you for flying Cuelebre Airlines.

"You're not funny!" she screamed out loud. Dragon laughter filled her head.”

Thea Harrison
“He had seen her just hours ago, goddamn it, and he couldn't wait to fight with her again, to talk with and hear what ridiculous thing she said next, to cuddle and laugh with her, to pin her down and drive into her again until there was nothing left inside of him, nothing left inside of her except his name.”

Thea Harrison
“The gruff gryphon’s voice turned gentle. “What am I, chopped liver? You beat the crap out of me this afternoon. That pretty much makes us pals in my book.”