Sarah's Reviews > We All Fall Down: Living with Addiction

We All Fall Down by Nic Sheff

F 50x66
Nic Sheff started his writing career his first memoir, "Tweak," which dealt with his addiction to crystal meth. Then his father wrote his own memoir, "Beautiful Boy," detailing his struggles with his addicted son. Both father and son went on a national book tour, and with Oprah's help, became national bestsellers. "We All Fall Down" is Nic Sheff's story about how he dealt with rehabilitation, how he relapsed, suffered set-backs, and how he tries his best to stay clean. Nic's story is not new, he shares most addict characteristics, self-destructive, lying, and harming relations family and friends to continue the addiction. He is involved in several long term relationships with women who have their own addiction issues. Nic does have a fresh, honest voice that should resonate with teen readers, as well as adults. Good addition to the drug memoir genre. My favorite is the "Note to Readers" disclaimer at the beginning, very echoing of James Frey or Greg Mortenson recent scandals. "This work is a memoir. It reflects the author's present recollections of his experiences over a period of years....Dialogue and events have been re-created from memory and, in some cases, have been compressed to convey the substance of what was said or what occurred." :-)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We All Fall Down.