Kayla Beck's Reviews > Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Oct 24, 2011

bookshelves: mystery, paranormal, young-adult, favorites, urban-fantasy, fantasy, ghost, horror
Read from October 20 to 21, 2011 , read count: 1

I spent months eagerly anticipating the release of this book after hearing several authors and bloggers rave about it. This was my Big Book of 2011. I can tell you, my friends, that it did not disappoint. I'm a tough critic when it comes to Hype, and Kendare Blake's novel held up well.

As far as this book is concerned, Kendare Blake is not merely an author - she is a wordsmith. She is able to weave the tale of Cas and Anna in such a way that I felt as if I was in the novel. Despite it being a little scary, I did not want to leave. I loved her descriptions of everything involved, and the supporting characters are some of my alltime YA favorites. Every character in the book had a specific purpose and served it well. I'm a three book a week girl (alternating due to my short attention span), but I had this book read in 10 hours and that is including the 6 hours I used to sleep!

I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to read a spooky ghost story or an all-around fantastic piece of fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna Dressed in Blood.