Charles Harris's Reviews > Dark Water Rising

Book Report for: Charlie Harris
Grade: 7, Date: May 11/2011
________________________________________

Dark Water RISING

The author of Dark Water RISING is Marian Hale.

This is a fictional story.

It was published by Henry Holt in 1866 and has 221 pages plus 12 Authors notes.

The setting is: Galveston Texas in the year 1900.

The main character is Seth and other characters are Uncle Nate, Mr.Farrel, mom, and dad.

Here is what happened early in the story: Seth and his family moved to Galveston by train. They were waiting for Uncle Nate to pick them up. He came and picked them up and showed them around. Then they went to aunt’s house to spend the night because they did not have a house in Galveston.

Here is what happened during the story: Seth got a job building houses for Mr.Farrel with some other boys. Then meets Mr. Covington and he was asking about Mr.Farrel and asking about how Mr.Farrel works. His aunt of the story had given Josiah some food and he was thankful.

Here is what happened at the end: Seth and his co-workers had went home and they got home right before the hurricane hit. After the hurricane water had went down the town was completely torn to peices. When the people tryed to sink the bodies they came back so they burned the bodies.

Why did I like Seth? I liked Seth because he is a hard worker and never gives up.

Why did I choose to read Dark Water RISING? I choose this book because I wanted to learn about the hurricane.Also my techer made me read it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Water Rising.