Meara's Reviews > Amalee

Amalee by Dar Williams

Jun 14, 2011

bookshelves: middle-school, realistic-fiction, chicklet
Read in May, 2011

Amalee's life just became a mess! Everything she knew was just ruined. Suddenly, a talk with the teachers in school, and a talk with the mean kid's parents, and everything turned out better than it ever had been! I am relieved for her! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amalee.

05/17/2011 page 104
50.0% "I love this book! I can really relate to how Amalee feels as she lives her every day life"
05/23/2011 page 163
78.0% "Amalee's dad has made it to self realization! He is not afraid of his sickness, and enjoys lefe more than he ever has!"
show 2 hidden updates…

Meara Amalee is an inspiring book about how young girls live their lives. A funny, mixed emotionn book. Dar Williams really has outdone himself!

Meara Has anyone else ever read this book? Because I'm kind of confused on how Amalee's dad got sick. Was it just random?

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla C ?

Meara oh

Meara oh kay

Meara If anyone is wondering what my new picture is..... it is just decorated cupcakes! :)

Meara Amalee's life is very interseting.... read this book!!!

Meara I forget to say that Amalee's dad is up and walking again, and not at ALL as sick as he was before.

Meara In the beginning, Amalee was so rude to her Dad's friend John, and said he was a terrible cook, and could never open a restaurant. She felt so sorry when she saw John's grand opening to his amax=zing restaurant. Everything is right in line! I loved reading this book, and I recommend it to everyone!

message 10: by Nova (new)

Nova Gianfrancesco :( awwwwwwwwww