Darlene's Reviews > The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills

bookshelves: first-reads, audible, young-adult
Recommended to Darlene by: Won as a GoodReads First-Reads
Recommended for: Eastern Southern Teen Girls
Read from June 26 to September 03, 2011, read count: 1

Hurray! I won this one on GoodReads, First-Reads. Looking forward to this new adventure!

* * *

The print in this book is so light that I have had a hard time reading this. Therefore, I downloaded the Audible version to help me along.

* * *

This book has taken me months to read. My biggest problem with it was the print. These old eyes just can't read well on white, white paper and it seemed the ink was also light in color. Once I got the Audible version to help me I found a nice book. The writing was fun and presented in a cool vehicle of anthropological notes.

I feel badly in that I feel I am NOT the audience for this book. If I weren't old--I still wouldn't be. I wasn't a girlie girl. I would never go to a prom. I thought they were silly. So at first I felt a link with Janice. But as the story continued I knew I couldn't relate anymore. I couldn't even relate to her mother. I don't remember the Pony. So out of it all my life!

But then the last straw of related-ism: I am from Southern California. The only thing I had in common was Southern but not related in this universe.

That being said, I liked the presentation and the lessons learned as Janice matures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills.

07/04/2011 page 7
3.0% "This looks to be a fun read!"
07/06/2011 page 29
13.0% "This is my bedtime book. Fun so far."
08/13/2011 page 71
32.0% "My non-electronic read before bed."
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cheryl I'd like to try to read this if it's available. :)

Darlene Sure, I'll set it aside for you.

Cheryl tx!