Vicky's Reviews > Small Favor

Small Favor by Jim Butcher

Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: series, mystery, audiobook, science-fiction-fantasy, 3-5_stars, 2011, series__dresden_files, 2012
Read from August 24 to 30, 2011

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Favor.

Quotes Vicky Liked

Jim Butcher
“If your opponent has you by fifty pounds, winning a fight against him is a dubious proposition, at best. If your opponent has you by eight thousand and fifty pounds, you’ve left the realm of combat and enrolled yourself in Road-kill 101. Or possibly in a Tom and Jerry cartoon.”

Jim Butcher
“Punctuality is for people with nothing better to do”

Jim Butcher
“As in 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff'?" The skull howled with laughter. "You just got your ass handed to you by a nursery tale?"

"I wouldn't say they handed me my ass," I said.

Bob was nearly strangling on his laughter, and given that he had no lungs it seemed gratuitous somehow. "That's because you can't see yourself," he choked out. "Your nose is all swollen up and you've got two black eyes. You look like a raccoon. Holding a dislocated ass.”

Jim Butcher
“Right,' Thomas said. 'Where are we headed?'
'To where they treat me like royalty,' I said.
'We're going to Burger King?'
I rubbed the heel of my hand against my forehead and spelled fratricide in a subvocal mutter, but I had to spell out temporary insanity and justifiable homicide, too, before I calmed down enough to speak politely. 'Just take a left and drive. Please.'
'Well,' Thomas said, grinning, 'since you said 'please'
- Thomas Raith & Harry Dresden, Small Favor, Jim Butcher”

Jim Butcher
“Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?"

"Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles 'pon it instead, I said solemnly, and frosting of white.”

Jim Butcher
“Tiny," Sanya rumbled to Michael, clenching a demonstrative fist. "But fierce.”

08/24/2011