Mary Abshire's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

4619317
May 21, 11

Read from May 16 to 21, 2011

It was a little slow and I kept waiting for something big to happen. It never did. Not all loose ends were wrapped up. What about Claude and Dermot? What will happen with her relationship with Eric? I'm sure some of those unanswered questions are for the next book.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Would've liked more action, more time with Eric. Would I read it again? No. I'd rate it 3.5 if I could.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.

05/16/2011 page 22
show 4 hidden updates…

Rachel the Book Harlot Yeah, this was great. I really enjoyed it. :) Although I think I'm ready for the series to end.

Mary Abshire I'm only 109 pages in and I keep waiting for something big to happen.

Dana It was much better than the last Sookie book but I thought it was just ok. I loved the first 9 books so much though!

Texas Reader- Stacy I was dissapointed in the last one, holding out hope for this one. Only 100 pages in to it. Word of mouth was promising about this one.......

Sirenprincess I had that feeling of waiting for something big to happen the entire book. I liked it well enough because it is still that world and those characters, but it sort of let me down too.

Mary Abshire Sirenprincess, me too. I keep waiting for something big to happen. There's such a build up. I'm over 230 pages into it now. Sh, don't tell me what happens :o)

Naoms I love this series, but Sookie has been complaining about the same things over and over... "oh no my vampire lover is violent" as far as I can tell it was self defense.

message 8: by Shannon (last edited Jun 09, 2011 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shannon C. *spoiler warning&
Yeah, that's been going on for the past several books now!!! I think Harris is setting us up for an Eric/Sookie breakup and to move on to her new HEA guy. I'm guessing this fellow won't be as entrenched in supernatural politics/fighting as some of the other lead fellows. But yet he'll still need to be strong enough to help protect her.

Mary Abshire I think she has two more books left in her contract. I agree, there is a set up for her to break up with Eric. What a shame. Eric is my favorite. Yum Yum!

message 10: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary Abshire I checked out her website. Doesn't look like there will be a new Sookie Stackhouse book this year. Looks like a companion and some anthologies will be released.