Robin's Reviews > Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

U 50x66
Mar 02, 08

Recommended to Robin by: Persephone
Read in March, 2008

This is an fascinating story of loss and pain told mainly through the eyes of a brilliant, neurotic, charming boy and his eccentric family members. It takes place in NYC and is set in motion by the Sept 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the world trade center. I couldn't put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

message 1: by Soupy (new)

Soupy Hi Robin,
Sounds like a good book, I am going to put it in for our book club to read! Nice to hear from you.

Robin Hi Sue ~
I was invited into the group by a former intern. I like the concept, but I have troulbe using this site. My computer acts up when I use it. for instance its being incredibly slow right now. and it wouldn't upload the photo chose. do you have problems with it? have you been a member long?

Heather Shaw Robin,

I loved this book as well. I HIGHLY recommend JSF's first book, Everything is Illuminated. Maybe you've already read it?

Robin I'm waiting to get it from my daughter. I'd love to read it. I understand his wife is an excellent author as well.

message 5: by Soupy (new)

Soupy I just joined via a friend in the book club I am in. I was so suprised to see you on it after just a few days! i think we have a very strong computer (we have a dual core processor and high speed internet service--maybe that makes a difference?) so I don't have any problems using the site but I find it awkward but am starting to get used to format. I am only on it occasinoally as my other "friends" on this site do not use it that much. We meet every 6 weeks or so and I usually only have time to read our pick for the month and part of another book I might be reading.