Sian's Reviews > The Taming of the Rake

The Taming of the Rake by Kasey Michaels

Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: read-2011
Read from July 28 to 29, 2011

Lady Chelsea's brother is trying to force her to marry someone she doesn't want to. So her solution is to run off to the man her family wronged 8 years previously, and who she even had a crush on when she was a young girl. Oliver "Beau" Blackthorn sees that marrying Chelsea will bring him the ultimate revenge against his enemy and the wrongs that were inflicted upon him.

I had never read a historical romance by Kasey Michaels before, I have to say I didn't realise this author wrote these, I had only noticed her contemporary romances, which I had read a few of before.

I have to say though this was much better than any of the contemporary ones of hers I have read of hers.
I really liked the characters of Chelsea and Oliver. They both had really good stories and it was obvious they were perfect for each other. It made me laugh in a few places with the banter between them, but it was actually a very sweet love story between the two of them.
I also really enjoyed the secondary character of Puck and extremely intrigued with Jack.

The storyline was totally obvious but that’s usually the case with this genre of books. My only real disappointment was that there were the obvious “bad guys” but no real actual villains. The confrontation at the end fell a little flat for me, but I cannot fault the rest of the story.

I really enjoyed this and I will definitely be reading the other 2 books regarding the other Blackthorn brothers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Taming of the Rake.

07/29/2011